Saturday, July 11, 2009

Orientation week in UPM

Just passed my 1st two weeks in Uni life...An exhausted beginning but fun perhaps..

28th June -
My 1st day entered to Uni..
Had dimsum for breakfast with dad and mom before going to UPM.
My dad get lost on the way to UPM and finally we reach there safely with a guide by a petrol station worker..
Abundance of parents and new students in the main entrance,big hall and car park in UPM..
I finish the H1NI scanning in big hall and went to my hostel right after that.
My hostel is not that near to the faculty area,it is impossible to walk from my hostel to faculty area.
Once i get the room key,i already desperate to know who my roommates are..
i feel bad that my room at 4th floor...my ideal floor is on 3rd floor actually..><
My other roommates already there when i entered my room..4 persons a room
I couldn't get the bed close to the wall side but luckily there are 4 single beds ,not double decker bed at least..^^
The room is so dusty and dirty,it seems like had been abandoned for a long period.. Therefore,my roommates family and my mom cleaned the room together..
Orientation activity started on 5 pm right on the registration day..we have some exercises and talk about the hostel rules...

29th June till 4th July (dreadful orientation week)

I feel lazy to recall back what i did in the whole orientation week because it ain't any kenangan terindah but only horrible memory ..
Sleep at 1-2am every night and wake up at 6.20am every morning..><
A lot of boring talk and nonstop of wasting time activities...
We have a campus walk also which is not really a campus walk but is hill walk..
The hill is full of fruit trees and unknown trees..the things i most hated is the big red ants..I've been bite by those big red ants for times ><
One thing which i think is fun during the whole orientation week is CHEERS in big hall..
We have to learn our own cheers for each hostel and so that we will scream and shout our cheers in big hall..because usually all of the new students will enter to big hall for listening a talk..
Ofcourse,we only do that before the programme start la haha..
those cheers such like tepuk tepuk sayang and tepuk tepuk support is use to show support to a group and tepuk tepuk menyampah is to insult a group..~

Isn't that cool??...about 3500 students scream for their cheers in the same time inside a big hall~
Another thing that i appreciated during the whole orientation week is free meals for whole day..although it's taste bad XD


6th July-10th July
Started lesson for 1st semester... I've been busy add,change and drop some subject ...
As a new student,i feel confuse about the system since for course registration are all based on system..
Finally,my timetable was set for this sem...i take only 15 credits for this sem..quite free right?? Because we are taking 4 yrs course now so 15 credits per sem is acceptable..
I didn't take any cocu act in this sem..i will try to take it in the coming sem...because i really wanted go home every week la in this sem ><

For those who plan or want to invite me for outing ,please refer to my schedule~!

Monday 8-10am Principal of Management..
12-2pm Kenegaraan
Tuesday 8-10am Maths for economy and business
12-2pm TITAS (Tamadun islam and asia)
Wed 8-9am Principal of management
10-12pm Economic principal
1-2pm Kenegaraan
3-4pm Economic principal
Thursday 8-10am Maths for econ and business

^^ things - Knew a lot of new friends no matter they are from STPM/Matriculation(most of them from matric for my course la)we stay and live together in peaceful and joyful ,a new and different journey in my life was began~

T.T things - got to buy books ,those books are so expensive therefore i bought some photocopied books and some ori lo...really can't afford la..><
another sad thing is the food in UPM...extreamly suck! Those meals in UPM cafe and canteen are so expensive and taste bad...a piece of toufu and a small pieces of chicken meat cost me RM3.7...Fortunately there are some old shop just right beside UPM entrance..(there is a small gate to let us to pass by)..The place is the only place for me to buy chinese food which is nice and cheap...

Here are some photos about my roommates and coursemates ( indeed,a lot of lenglui also study for business admin haha )

No comments: