Friday, December 17, 2010

Update 17 December

I still working at the smart reader kid centre and for this week, there were no more student since they already started their holiday, so what is my new job scope since there are no student? The principle requested us to do some education material and stick in on the wall as a new decoration for the centre to welcome the new year and new badge student. Okay, so I did 5 pieces of manila card which full of education information such as family relationships, ‘Negaraku” lyric, animals..and more. As you know, we did that for kids so it has to be attractive. Therefore, I drew many pictures on the manila card, mostly is copy from books but I could not believe that I can actually draw and paint nicely. The last time when i holding a pencil and draw a cartoon should be during my art class at primary school. Drawing and Painting are not my hobby. I am so proud of myself haha..

On last Wednesday, I worked as a surveyor at Bukit Jalil, there was a football match - AFF Suzuki Cup semi-final Malaysia vs Vietnam match. Working hour is 6-8PM, RM20 per hour. It’s simple, hold the questionnaires and ask the crowd..Based on the questions, I can see this is a survey for Suzuki..

So, I were teamed with a guy and walked around outside the stadium and surveyed the crowd..mostly are Malay guys and I saw some supporters for Vietnam team too. I did try to ask those Vietnamese too, but many of them cannot speak English or hard to understand English so I got to gave up for Vietnamese and only focus on Malaysian. Many of them are quite helpful and nice and I discovered something , all football fans here love English Premier League however not all football fans love Malaysia League haha..This is the survey result for me based on those Malay football fans. Another thing is, I did asked for extra regarding which is their favourite English Premier League team? and the result is definitely Manchester United haha and I’ve got one for Liverpool and one for Chelsea. Poor them..

After that, I entered the stadium and continue my survey until 8PM, the match started. A pity fact is I do not see any Chinese inside the stadium, 90% is Malay, 8% is Vietnamese and another 2% for Indian and others. But I love the ambience especially when singing “Negaraku” before the match start, all raise up and sing it out loud. I believe that it was the loudest version of “Negaraku” that I’d ever heard. You can actually see that Sport game especially Football is the only thing that can unite all together! How cool is that! That’s one of the reason why I love football so much!

After I passed back my staff permit and all questionnaires to the person in charge, she gave us a small merchandise.

Hopefully Malaysia can go in to the final stage and perhaps I’ll get another job !

No comments: